- Create and communicate your vision for a social strategy in your business
- Create a large awareness of social business software if you are a highly regulated business
- Are there issues being solved by social business in your industry? How can you apply these solutions to your business?
- Make sure there are enough resources to start the social business and keep it running.
- Then, measure the results, not the adoption of social business. Adoption can give you misleading results of implementing the social software. Instead, measure if it makes your business more effective.
Don’t be too afraid to start incorporating social business in your practices. Sure it keeps updating every day, but don’t underestimate how long it may take to create your plan and implement it without any kinks. You may be surprised.