In this blog post we will talk about the differences between Tanaza and UniFi Controller, two valuable wireless network software for cloud management.
What’s UniFi Controller?
Ubiquiti UniFi Controller is a software that you can install on-premise or in the cloud (e.g. on AWS) and allows you to manage your UniFi access points, enable guest users toconnect to your SSIDs, remote monitor the network usage.
The controller is included with every UniFi purchase; if you want to cloud manage your Ubnt access points, you should pay Amazon Web Services or a similar cloud computing service. Than, you should check on a regular basis if there are updates and conflicts.
This software is scalable and can be used in multiple vertical applications sectors, like hospitality, retail, education, real estate and government.
How to use Tanaza with Ubiquiti hardware?
Tanaza is a Saas for Wi-Fi cloud management and supports a wide range of Ubiquiti devices.
Here is the list of Ubiquiti access points that can be empowered: AirRouter, AirRouter HP, Bullet M2, Bullet 2, NanoStation 2, NanoStation Loco, NanoStation Loco M2, NanoStation M2, PicoStation 2, PicoStation 2HP, PicoStation M2 HP, Rocket M2.
Tanaza supports also, from the UniFi product line: UniFi, UniFi AP Outdoor, UniFi LR, UniFi Pro.
If you choose Tanaza Wi-Fi cloud management tool, you won’t need a virtual remote host, and you won’t have to worry about maintenance and troubleshooting. No additional cloud computing service like AWS is needed.
Which features does Tanaza include?
Tanaza gives superpowers to each cloud managed access point, including Ubiquiti UniFi. Here are the great features that come exclusively with us:
- Multi-location centralized cloud-based management. No need of a physical or virtual host for every location, no hardware costs.
- No complex set up, no changes to DNS settings. Hardwareless solution.Super-easy and quick. You don’t have to constantly check for updates and troubleshoot.
- Social login and social actions (post and check-ins) for every cloud managed hotspot
- Customized and branded splash pages in more than 5 languages
- The Social Dashboard, a control panel from which your customers can monitor Wi-Fi guest users, read their social profiles, engage with them, download data, real-time monitor the usage of their network, filter users by location, gender, age
- Advertisements on the splash page (forcing guest users to see an image or video advertisement before connecting)
- Walled gardens
- Zero-touch AP provisioning and deployment (that is a Tanaza exclusive feature). No need to change your local DNS settings (no dynamic DNS or public IP needed, no port forwarding). You can even ship APs to customers and add them to the cloud with plug-and-play
- Up to 8 SSIDs per access point
- Network management: you can apply to all the APs in a network the same configuration and the same SSID, even if the APs are located in different places worldwide.
A vendor-agnostic approach
The last difference between UniFi Controller and Tanaza Cloud Management software is that Tanaza provides a multi-vendor solution. The vendor-agnostic approach and the freedom from vendor lock-in are founding characteristics of the company.
This means that you can build networks mixing different vendors’ devices; you can seamless upgrade existing networks; you can manage from the same centralized dashboard every supported access point (e.g. TPLink, Netgear, MikroTik); you are free to choose the hardware that works best for your project, from low-cost access points to more performing ones, indoor or outdoor, even with POE.