If you have Open Mesh hardware deployed and you are looking for an alternative to CloudTrax, then keep reading. This article is for you.
As you may be fully aware, Open Mesh hardware will reach end of life by the end of 2021. The CloudTrax/Datto software will no longer give any updates on Open Mesh hardware, and there will be no technical support or hardware repair services anymore.
What is next for your Open Mesh hardware?
If you are still wondering what is the best alternative for your Open Mesh networks, let me paint the picture here:
- Alternative one. Migrate all your networks to Datto with highly expensive licenses that can’t be reallocated to any other device.
- Alternative two. Tear down your entire network and deploy brand new access points. Not to mention the bearing costs associated with changing to another networking brand. Plus the highly likely lock-in limitation that does not allow you to scale your networks.
- Alternative three. Switch to a smart platform that understands your needs, is future-proofed as it’s compatible with multiple access points’ brands, integrates with third-party applications, offers centralized network management, built-in troubleshooting tools, features zero-touch deployment and its 100% cloud. On top of all of this, it’s cost-effective and allows users to reallocate subscription plans to any other compatible device. Plus you can manage an unlimited number of devices and networks –at no extra cost.
Tanaza, the smartest alternative for Open Mesh hardware
Tanaza is a WiFi cloud management solution for IT professionals to deploy and control WiFi networks and manage access points. Tanaza’s core tech is based on a powerful Linux-based Operating System.
The Tanaza WiFi cloud management platform supports the most popular Open Mesh hardware models on the market. With Tanaza, Open Mesh users only need to install the TanazaOS firmware on the compatible access points and start managing them right away.
Tanaza is without a doubt the smartest and most profitable alternative to avoid tearing down your Open Mesh networks. The cloud-based Tanaza platform allows you to manage multiple access points from a single dashboard from desktop, mobile or tablet. Also, it gives you the freedom and the flexibility to change the hardware brand when necessary and to scale your networks when needed.
With Tanaza, you can avoid vendor lock-in, have unprecedented flexibility and operational levels. Furthermore, it helps you to lower down CapEx and OpEx.
Open Mesh hardware compatible with Tanaza
Tanaza supports the following Open Mesh devices:
Open Mesh A42
The Open Mesh A42 is a 2×2 universal 802.11ac Wave 2 cloud-managed WiFi access point, with concurrent 2.4GHz and 5GHz radios. It comes with MU-MIMO technology and an 1100 Mbps high-speed wireless transmission rate. This device is ideal for indoors and outdoors environments as it supports a high volume of simultaneous users, making it perfect for high-density deployments.
Open Mesh A62
The Open Mesh A62 is a universal tri-band 802.11ac Wave 2 cloud-managed WiFi access point with simultaneous 2.4GHz and dual 5GHz radios. It supports MU-MIMO technology and a 2000 Mbps aggregated high-speed wireless transmission rate. This device is perfect for indoor and outdoor environments as it keeps the highest volume of concurrent users (up to 150). It can be powered by standard PoE or passive PoE, with no need for power outlets at the AP site.
Open Mesh MR1750
The Open Mesh MR1750 is a high-performance 3×3, 802.11n, and 802.11ac access point featuring dual-band functionality as it operates on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies for enhanced data throughput (450 Mbps at 2.4 GHz, and 1300 Mbps at 5 GHz) and increased bandwidth support. It comes with MU-MIMO technology and includes standard PoE.
Open Mesh OM2P
The Open Mesh OM2P is a single 1×1 802.11g/n WiFi access point, ideal for cost-sensitive deployments or long-range mesh networks. It supports a 2.4 GHz band frequency and a 150 Mbps speed rate. This device can handle 20-50 concurrent users per AP, suitable for indoor and outdoor environments.
Open Mesh OM2P-HS
The Open Mesh OM2P-HS is a 2×2 802.11g/n WiFi access point, suitable for general WiFi in uncongested environments. It supports a 2.4 GHz band and 300 Mbps speed rate for indoors and outdoors. This device can support 20-50 simultaneous users per AP, with standard 802.3af and 12-24v passive PoE.
Open Mesh OM2P-LC
The Open Mesh OM2P-LC is a single 1×1 802.11g/n WiFi access point, ideal for cost-sensitive deployments or long-range mesh networks. It supports a 150 Mbps speed rate, with 20-50 concurrent users per AP, suitable for indoor or outdoor environments.
Open Mesh OM5P-AC
The Open Mesh OM5P-AC is a universal high-speed Dual Band 802.11ac cloud-managed WiFi access point with simultaneous 2.4GHz and dual 5GHz radios. It supports a 1.17 Gbps (300+867 Mbps) aggregated speed wireless transmission rate, making it perfect for high-density deployments, indoors or outdoors.
Benefits of choosing Tanaza for your Open Mesh hardware
If you decide to migrate your Open Mesh devices from CloudTrax/Datto to Tanaza, you can benefit from:
- A single, centralized cloud-based configuration platform to manage all your Open Mesh access points.
- An intuitive user-friendly interface.
- Remote monitoring and control of access points’ performance.
- Zero-touch deployment and configuration of access points. Avoid on-site travels.
- Email alerts if any access point in the network gets disconnected to avoid any issue.
- The multi compatibility with multiple access points from different brands for indoor and outdoor deployments, medium and large scale.
- Integrations with third-party applications provided by official Tanaza Partners, such as Classic Hotspot and Express Wi-Fi by Facebook.
- No unexpected costs by extending the life of Open Mesh devices, and avoiding to dismantle the whole Open Mesh infrastructure.
- Scale your networks by adding new access points compatible with the platform while still managing them from a single dashboard.
- Get constant updates of the operating system to assure security and stability.
- The most cost-effective network management platform in the market with flexible subscription plans (monthly, annual, every 3 years, every 5 years).
We are getting closer to the date when Open Mesh devices will have no support and will become legacy for Datto.
With Tanaza, you can extend the life of your devices, reuse existing access points and scale your networks by adding any brand compatible with Tanaza.
Download the case study
Discover how other Open Mesh users like you have found Tanaza as the smartest alternative to cloud-based network management.
Read the Case Study.